California is known for its fusion cuisine. It’s the state that seems to like to do everything just a little different.
Pizza with weird ingredients. Mexican food mixed with French cuisine. You name it – nothing is ever the same when it comes to California.
So it’s not surprising that the state has also found a way to turn French Fries on its head. And in doing so create not something just as delicious, but also more nutritious and healthy too. Don’t believe me? Then try these fries and tell me they aren’t just as delicious as the old fashioned kind.
- Take 2 ripe avocados – peel, cut and pit those bad boys.
- Cut each of the halves into six wedges.
- Put some flour in a bowl and in another bowl whisk about 2 eggs together.
- In a final bowl add some breadcrumbs.
- Take the wedges, dip them in flour followed by the eggs and finally in the breadcrumbs. Then set them aside.
- Once that’s all done, turn on the broiler in your oven and let it get real hot. Should only take about a couple of minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the breadcrumb covered wedges on it. Make sure the pieces don’t touch each other.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Then take them out, turn them over and let them cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now take those suckers out and serve with your favorite sauce!
Healthy fries never tasted so good!!