Avocado toast is all the rage nowadays. It’s become a favorite food item of younger people from Brooklyn all the way to the Santa Monica Pier. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t enjoy them no matter where we live. And in fact, they are a great food to eat that packs a lot of anti-inflammatory wallop.
Tasty and good for you? Yes sign me up.
Let’s go through how I make a great avocado toast recipe that is packed full of anti-inflammatory superfoods. Oh and most importantly that tastes great!
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, make sure you get a tasty kind.
- 4 ounces of salmon steak cut in half (cut it lengthwise – keep it thick).
- Half of a large avocado, about 4 ounces, diced,peeled, and pitted.
- 1/2 cup of hummus.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread, I happen to love rosemary bread for this.
- 4 Mediterranean olives pitted and halved.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add salmon and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until done to your personal preference. Make sure to remove the skin at some point.
- While that’s cooking mash half of the avocado into the hummus followed by stirring in the remaining avocado and toast the bread.
- Once toasted, spread with the avocado hummus on each piece of toast
- Finally, top this bad boy with the salmon, flaking with a fork if desired and add the olives.
- If desired drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Eat that tasty avocado toast and let that nutritional goodness do the work for you.